Liability Law, Introductory Articles of the Swiss Civil Code and Law of Persons
The course is delivered in 18 two-hour blocks, whereby 12 are held as two-hour lectures (six for Liability Law as well as six for the Introductory Articles of the Swiss Civil Code and Law of Persons) and six as two-hour tutorials (two groups).
- Overview of Liability Law
- Introduction to the main pillars of passing-on of damages (illegality, damage, causation, negligence), which are central to numerous areas of private and public law
- Code of Obligations (CO) and Swiss Civil Code (CC)and its special liability provisions
- Overview of the Introductory Articles of the Swiss Civil Code (art. 1-10 CC)
- Introduction to Law of Persons: legal capacity and capacity to act, personal rights, associations and foundations